Sustainability from responsibility and conviction
Sustainability and with it the protection of your environment are very important to us.
It's our responsibility that our children and grandchildren still find our blue planet reasonably intact. That's why we tray in little and big ways to make the world a little bit better. And we do that out of conviction.
Sustainability has three main aspects for us:
- Responsible use of our resources
- Environmental protection at the company
- Social commitment:
- Responsibility for our employees
- Commitment in the region and beyond
Recognised neutral institutions confirm the quality and environmental compatibility of our products with their seals of quality:
- We've been continuously IFS-certified as one of the first fish smokehouses since 2004.
- The seal of the independent non-profit Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) stands for sustainable fishing as a contribution to heath oceans.
- Naturland-certified ecological aquaculture. Here the location is carefully chosen and surrounding ecosystems protected.
- The ASC seal certifies environment-friendly, socially responsibly operated aquacultures.
- The ESF-financed activities for increasing the eel population in Europe and for restoring its natural life cycle.
Environment and Energy
"There is nothing good: unless one does it." Our entire team does its best to act in accordance with this saying from German author Erich Kästner: when dealing with each other at the workplace, but also through our commitment for social projects in our environment.